Here at Sacred Surf we do our best to minimize our impact. Here is our ever-growing list of sustainable actions:
- We offset our energy use at the shop with New England Wind - it’s cheap, easy and helps push our energy industry towards a cleaner, greener future. Check out the program here.
- We sell eco-friendly boards from Vec Surfboards in Orleans. Waves and surfboards are our two favorite things, it only makes sense that our toys have the smallest possible impact on the land, water and air. Check out the project here and check out Vec Surfboards here.
- We have calculated the carbon footprint of our boards, wetsuits and drives to and from the beach and have committed to offsetting it at the end of each season. If you are interested in learning more about or committing to carbon offsets, go here.
- If you have any suggestions we are all ears! We are constantly pursuing more conscious practices and strongly believe that ethical business starts with consideration for the environment, ocean and the waves that bring us so much joy.
Individual actions inspire powerful collective movements - so what are you waiting for? Below is a list of suggestions to help you enjoy your vacation in a sustainable, environmentally-conscious manner.
Below are a list of local farms where you can volunteer your time:
- Surrey Farms - Brewster
- E & T Farms - Hydroponic Farm - Barnstable
- Edible Landscapes - Brewster
- Cape Cod Organic Farm - Barnstable
- Hillside Farms - Chicken - Truro
Below are a list of local farmers market:
- Truro - Mondays 8am - 12pm
- Chatham - Tuesday 3pm - 6:30pm
- Wellfleet - Wednesdays 8am - 12pm
- Orleans - Saturday 8am - 12pm
Below are a list of cafes/restaurants that serve organic/locally sourced food:
- Sunbird - Orleans
- Blackfish - Truro
- Ceraldi - Wellfleet
- Chequessett Chocolate - Truro
- Clean Slate Eatery - Dennis
- Sacred Cod Tavern - Chatham
- Fin - Dennis
- Truro Vineyards
- The Local Juice - Farmers’ Markets - Hyannis
- Shuck Foodtruck - Wellfleet
- BOL - Wellfleet
- Cape Cod Kombucha
Below are some fun camps and activities you can do on your vacation:
- Atlantic White Shark Conservancy - Chatham
- The Family Pantry
- The Center for Coastal Studies - Provincetown
- Mass Audubon Camps - Wellfleet
- The Cape Cod Museum of Natural History - Brewster
If you have any questions or inquiries feel free to reach out to us at 508-514-1555.